Sundays at 10am
Joyous Journey: K4 through 5th grade
The name Joyous Journey was specifically chosen to emphasis the excitement we want the children to experience on their path to learning about God. Leona, children’s ministry leader, and an adult volunteer from the congregation offer the children engaging opportunities that guide them to living a life to honor God’s plan. Joyous Journey engages children from preschool through fifth grade in regular rotations of art, drama and storytelling, teaching the classic Bible lessons through active participation. Activities are focused around creating opportunities for our children to learn about Christ's life, our church's mission, each other, and our community.
Our nursery provides a safe, cheerful place for parents and caregivers to leave infants and young children through age 3. Staff workers, Liz Decker or Barb Glass, along with an adult volunteer from the congregation, provide loving care for the children. (All adult nursery workers have passed a background check.) The children will have the opportunity to hear about God, to play with age appropriate toys, to put together puzzles, to sing, and to have stories read to them while their parents/caregivers attend the church service.
Special Activities (open to all ages)
To enhance the educational and social opportunities for the children of OCC we offer a variety of Family & Friends activities throughout the year. Typical activities include (but are not limited to):
- September: Church Picnic/Sunday School Kick-off Game Day
- October/November: Autumn Fest activity, Movie & Pizza Party
- December: Gingerbread House Craft Day, Christmas Joy activity, Movie& Pizza Party, Christmas Pageant
- January/February: Project Linus community service activity, Movie/Pizza Party
- March/April: Easter Egg hunt, Earth Day Environmental Awareness activity, Movie & Pizza Party
- May: Youth Sunday
- June-August: School's Out Party, Summer Splash Party, Family Zoo Outing