When it comes to serving others, OCC has been described as “small but mighty.” Children, youth, adults—we’re all engaged in Christian service, seeking to reflect God’s love, near and far.
Recurring Volunteer Opportunities
Book Sorting at Next Door Foundation
About once a month, usually on a Monday, right after school, a carload of volunteers spends a couple hours cleaning, sorting, and shelving donated books at Next Door in Milwaukee.
Hope House Food Pantry
On the third Saturday morning of each month, a carload (or two) of volunteers helps sort, bag, box, and distribute groceries at the Hope House food pantry in Milwaukee.
Family Sharing Food Pantry
On the first Tuesday evening of the month, 5:30-7:00, we help re-stock and re-organize the food pantry at Family Sharing in Grafton. Our efforts help the pantry be better able to serve the needs of Ozaukee County residents in need.
Locally, we support a variety of organizations—financially, with donations of hard goods, and through volunteerism—including:
- Advocates of Ozaukee County
- Family Services
- Family Sharing
- Guest House
- Hope House
- MacCanon Brown Homeless Sanctuary
- Nehemiah Project
- Next Door Foundation
- Salvation Army
Mindful of the many human needs around the world, we seek to make a positive difference by supporting the work of organizations like these:
- Church World Service (CROP Walk)
- Compassion International (child sponsorship)
- Congregational Churches of Myanmar (children’s program)
- Happy Life Children’s Home (Kenya)
- Hosanna Industries (Pittsburgh mission trip)
- Mission Mazahua (bi-annual Mexico mission trip)
- UNICEF (Halloween coin banks)
- World Vision (30 Hour Famine)